Date: December 6 and 7, 2023
Locations: Culturgest, Lisbon (Portugal) and Scott Hall, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh (USA)
The CMU Portugal 2023 Doctoral Symposium will run onsite simultaneously in Lisbon (Culturgest) and CMU (Scott Hall) gathering the CMU Portugal community, including students, researchers, faculty, partners from Industry, non-corporate entities, and Institutions of the Portuguese R&D System that are a key part of the Program.
The CMU Portugal 2023 Doctoral Symposium serves as a platform for the engagement of CMU Portugal Dual Degree Ph.D. candidates, Affiliated Ph.D. candidates, and all Ph.D. candidates conducting their research within the framework of CMU Portugal Research Projects, including ERPs and Large-Scale projects.
Its primary objective is to foster a collaborative and supportive community among Ph.D. candidates, offering a unique opportunity for participants to present their research plans and engage in insightful discussions with their peers
CMU Portugal Dual Ph.D. candidates, Affiliated Ph.D. candidates, and all Ph.D. candidates conducting their research within the framework of CMU Portugal will present their research in a 10-minute presentation or poster format.
- Posters: Students in their 1st and 2nd years will exhibit their research plans and preliminary results through poster presentations. These posters will be featured in print at the Lisbon venue and electronically on the CMU Portugal website.
- Oral presentations
Students in their 3rd year of Ph.D. and beyond will give 10-minute presentations showcasing their ongoing work. These presentations will run simultaneously in Lisbon during the afternoon and at CMU in the morning on both days, with live streaming bridging the two locations.
- December 6th, AM, in person, Lisbon:
- Poster Session – A time slot will be dedicated to engaging with the posters presented by 1st and 2nd-year students.
- Roundtable “The CMU Portugal Ph.D. Experience” fostering the exchange of experiences within the CMU Portugal context, bridging Portuguese universities and Carnegie Mellon.
December 7th, AM, in person, Lisbon:
- Training sessions: “Entrepreneurship for Scientists” and “Making Great Presentations.”