“Bolsas R&D@PhD” – Call 2016
The Luso-American Development Foundation (FLAD) is accepting applications for research internship grants at USA institutions, in an effort to strengthen the academic and research network between Portugal and USA.
The internships should focus on innovative technological and scientific themes and shall also contribute to improve the network of knowledge between the Portugal and American Institutions, thus facilitating the development of institutional partnerships. Applications must be individual and submitted online here.
Candidates must comply to the following requirements:
– Portuguese nationality or residency;
– Hold a position of doctoral student in a Portuguese Higher Education Institution and / or research center;
– Submit an internship work plan;
– Submit a recommendation letter from the Portuguese Host Institution;
– Submit an acceptance letter by the American Host Institution where the internship will take place;
– Submit a budget, detailing the foreseen costs and the financing sources that the candidate has or will apply to, for the stay in USA.
Application deadlines for oral presentations in USA conferences beginning in:
Internships beginning between January 1 and June 30, 2016:
· Applications: until October 31, 2015.
· Results: until December 31, 2015.
Internships beginning between July 1 and December 31, 2016:
· Applications: until April 30, 2016.
· Results: until June 30, 2016.