5th Lisbon Machine Learning School
Date: July 16-23,2015
Location: Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal
The topic of the fifth edition school is Natural Language Understanding . It will cover a range of machine learning (ML) Topics, from theory to practice, that are important in solving natural language processing (NLP) problems that arise in the analysis and use of Web data.
The target audience are researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and Computational Linguistics, computer scientists and industry practitioners. A limited number of scholarships will be provided for PhD and Post-Doc students only.
Features of LxMLS:
- No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is required, but the attendants are assumed to have at least some basic background on probabilities and programming;
- Recommended reading is provided one month in advance;
- Includes a strong practical component;
- A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises;
- Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions;
- Both basic (e.g linear classifiers) and advanced topics (e.g. big data, deep learning) will be covered;
- Instructors are leading researchers in machine learning.
February 23rd – April 8th
May 8th – June 8th
The CMU Portugal Program is one of the supporters of this event.