inRes 2014: Application and Selection
The two team members that will participate in the inRes Initiative should submit the application form (word document) in English, on behalf of an entrepreneurial team. The application form will identify and describe: the team and the two members that will participate in inRes; the endorsers; the technology, product/service, market, and business model; the development stage and path to market.
The application form, CVs, motivation letters and a minimum of two reference letters must be sent by email to inRes@cmuportugal.org. The deadline for submission of applications is April 30, 2014.
As part of the selection process, all the applicants will be interviewed in person by the core team of experts. The interviews will be conducted in Porto, Coimbra and Lisbon, using videoconference facilities at local universities, if necessary. The in-person interviews will be scheduled between May 1 and 15, 2014.
The CMU Portugal Program is looking for applications with:
• a strong and committed team, capable of taking advantage of an immersion period in the US;
• an ICT-based product or service, with proven technical feasibility, a clear value proposition, and a clear competitive advantage;
• a product or service that caters to a strong need, in a large market, with a favorable competitive position;
• a realistic path to market;
• a reasonable level of initial interactions with target markets and industries, and minimally consistent product or service and business concepts;
• projects that are not yet established regularly selling products or services.
The evaluation panel includes the core team of experts, and the directors of the CMU Portugal Program.
The results will be communicated by email to the applicants, no later than May 19, 2014.